Re: cannot read block 39 of pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index: Input/output error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cannot read block 39 of pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index: Input/output error
Date
List pgsql-general
"Andrew Bartley" <abartley@evolvosystems.com> writes:
> ERROR:  cannot read block 39 of pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index: Input/outp=
> ut error

> Could this be a physical I/O error?

Sure looks like it.

> Can someone tell me what I can do to fix this?

If it's only the index that is hosed, and not any of the tables,
REINDEX should save the day.  See
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/sql-reindex.html

(Even though you're running 7.1, I recommend looking at the 7.2 docs in
this connection --- they're much more complete about how to use
REINDEX.)

            regards, tom lane