Re: Bogus bind() warnings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bogus bind() warnings
Date
Re: Bogus bind() warnings  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> Is it possible that that kernel considers binding to an IPv6 port to
>> conflict with binding to the "same" port number as an IPv4 port?

Actually, I think that that may be expected behavior depending on the
vintage of the kernel.  Note the following comment in
StreamServerPort():
       /*        * Note: This might fail on some OS's, like Linux older than        * 2.4.21-pre3, that don't have the
IPV6_V6ONLYsocket option, and        * map ipv4 addresses to ipv6.    It will show ::ffff:ipv4 for all        * ipv4
connections.       */