Re: plperl.so no such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plperl.so no such file or directory
Date
List pgsql-novice
michael lush <mjlush@gmail.com> writes:
> However if I use one of my plperl functions I get the error.

> ERROR:  could not load library
> "/net/nas20/bin/postgresql_8.4.2/lib/plperl.so": libperl.so: cannot

> I can see /net/nas20/bin/postgresql_8.4.2/lib/plperl.so is present

It's complaining that it can't find libperl.so, not plperl.so.

The most likely reason is that the centos 5 build you're using was built
against a different Perl version than what you have on your RHEL6 box.
You need to get a PG version that was actually built for RHEL6.

            regards, tom lane