Re: bug with current sources? Re: cost of parse/plan/execute for one sample query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bug with current sources? Re: cost of parse/plan/execute for one sample query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> In testing Neil's PREPARE/EXECUTE patch on my test query, I found the
> parser complains that this query is not valid when using current
> sources.  The error I get is:

> psql:testorig.sql:1: ERROR:  JOIN/ON clause refers to "xf2", which is
> not part of JOIN

Hmm.  I have an open bug with sub-SELECTs inside a JOIN, but this
example doesn't look like it would trigger that.

> I think the sql is valid (at least it has worked in 7.1 and 7.2).  Is
> this a bug?

Dunno.  Give me a test case (and no, I am *not* going to try to
reverse-engineer table schemas from that SELECT).