Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Identity columns - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Identity columns
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Identity columns

This commit is causing a compiler warning for me:

tablecmds.c: In function 'ATExecSetIdentity':
tablecmds.c:5936: warning: 'address.objectSubId' may be used uninitialized in this function
tablecmds.c:5936: warning: 'address.objectId' may be used uninitialized in this function

I'm not sure why it's not complaining about all three fields, because
AFAICS, the function returns a totally undefined ObjectAddress when
generatedEl is not set.  What is the intention there?  (If the function
were adequately documented, maybe I could divine that for myself, but
heaven help the reader who would like to know what this function is
supposed to do.)

            regards, tom lane