Re: gist index build produces corrupt result on first access to table. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: gist index build produces corrupt result on first access to table.
Date
Re: gist index build produces corrupt result on
List pgsql-general
Eric Davies <eric@barrodale.com> writes:
> We've looked at the contrib/cube code, but it's also a variable length
> parameter, and it uses a very different parameter passing mechanism.

Different how?  I have a hard-to-pin-down intuition that your problem is
closely associated with this issue, but without details it's impossible
to say more.  IIRC there were once assumptions in rtree and/or gist
about the indexable datatype being pass-by-ref and/or varlena, and I'm
not sure how much of that has been fixed.

This seems a bit far afield for pgsql-general, however.  I would
suggest offering more details on -hackers.  If you could post your code
for people to play with, you'd likely get answers pretty quickly.

            regards, tom lane