Re: ERROR: text search configuration "pg_catalog.english" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: text search configuration "pg_catalog.english" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
Tim Child <tim@timc3.com> writes:
> There is a file here with the same name:
> /Library/PostgreSQL8/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so

What else is in that directory?  If you don't have dict_snowball.so
it's not gonna work.

> So I could try and run that snowball_create.sql script from src (which
> I have downloaded) and try and get the required functionality?

What I suspect at this point is that postgresqlformac.com hack up the
build process for .so's in some weird way, and that they neglected to
apply their hack to the Snowball stemmer library.  You should report
that to them as a bug in their packaging.

            regards, tom lane