Re: Use strict with plperl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Use strict with plperl
Date
List pgsql-general
"Mike G." <mike@thegodshalls.com> writes:
> In 8.0 how does one have a plperl function use strict?
> If I add "use strict" within the function body I receive an error message: "creation of Perl function failed:
'require'trapped by operation mask..."

You'd have to use plperlu to be allowed to "use" anything.  It's
annoying that this blocks out perfectly safe modules like "strict",
but as far as I understand the security model we can't be more
selective.

> If I do Create Function X AS .... Language 'plperl' strict volatile
> the function will compile and execute.

Utterly unrelated ...

            regards, tom lane