Re: get rid of psql welcome message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: get rid of psql welcome message
Date
Re: get rid of psql welcome message  (Naz Gassiep <naz@mira.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> I think it's getting overlooked because most people don't deal with it, but I
> really think we need to keep the SSL info as is.

Well, in general the *variable* parts of the banner were all put there
because of fairly urgent need, and I'd resist removing them.  It's the
unchanging boilerplate that seems open to debate.

I'm +1 for cutting that down to a single line.  I don't care one way or
the other about providing a .psqlrc option to suppress it altogether.