Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Greg Smith wrote:
> >> Scraping that HTML seems like it would be pretty straightforward.
>
> > It's awfully incomplete.  Bruce said to me the other day on IM that the
> > list he was getting with the Linux version of find_typedef was something
> > like 2800 symbols.  I checked the doxygen list and I only see about a
> > dozen for each letter, so there's a whole lot missing here.
>
> [ click click... ]  A quick grep counts 2154 occurrences of the word
> 'typedef' in our tree.  Some of them are no doubt false hits
> (documentation etc), but on the other hand you need to add typedefs
> coming from system headers.
>
> doxygen's 200-some is clearly an order of magnitude too low, but I
> wonder whether Bruce's list hasn't got some false hits ...

My list is at:
http://momjian.us/tmp/pgtypedefs

pgindent is probably 97% optimal.  Getting a better typedef list will
change that to perhaps 97.2% optimal.  There is a lot of discussion
happening to try to get that 0.2%.  :-O

http://enterprisedb.com