Re: Spelling change in LLVM 14 API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Spelling change in LLVM 14 API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> After [1], seawasp blew up[2].  I tested the following fix on LLVM 13
> and 14 (main branch ~2 days ago).  Better ideas welcome.

> -       if (F.getAttributes().hasFnAttribute(llvm::Attribute::NoInline))
> +#if LLVM_VERSION_MAJOR < 14
> +#define hasFnAttr hasFnAttribute
> +#endif
> +
> +       if (F.getAttributes().hasFnAttr(llvm::Attribute::NoInline))

Seems like either we should push back on pointless renaming, or else
that we're not really supposed to be accessing this non-stable API.
I have no idea which of those situations applies ... but if the LLVM
guys are randomly renaming methods that *are* supposed to be
user-visible, they need re-education.