Re: Postgres eats up memory when using cursors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres eats up memory when using cursors
Date
List pgsql-general
Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com> writes:
>> This doesn't seem to actually be related to Denis' problem, but a
>> leak is a leak ...

> Is this is the same leak? I mean I do not use psql in any mean...

It isn't.

I'm now suspecting that your problem must be related to doing inserts
while a cursor is held open.  Are the inserts done by the same backend,
or a different one?  Could you experiment and see if you can devise a
complete example?  I'm kinda busy right now looking at WAL...

            regards, tom lane