Re: Regression testing failure: float8... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Regression testing failure: float8...
Date
Re: Regression testing failure: float8...  (Darcy Buskermolen <darcy@wavefire.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> Howdy.  Just a quick FYI, but I was running some regression tests on
> HEAD and noticed that float8 is failing on FreeBSD 5.  FreeBSD 4 seems
> to be fine.  Any suggestions on what I can poke at or where I should
> look regarding this?  -sc

Looks like freebsd has decided to become mainstream on underflow
handling.  You need to figure out how we should adjust the resultmap
entry for freebsd to not select float8-small-is-zero.out on 5.
Possibly
    float8/i.86-.*-freebsd4=float8-small-is-zero
would do --- are there any pre-4.0 boxes still out there?

            regards, tom lane