Re: Pl/tcl auto-load problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Addleman
Subject Re: Pl/tcl auto-load problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the response Jan. I was *appending* my code to the unknown
proc; when I  *inserted* it, I can can access variables via upvar.
I'm not sure this is the right way to do it though:

proc unknown {proname args} {
    upvar #0   __appver                               p_appver
    upvar #0   __PLTcl_unknown_support_plan_modname   p_mod
    upvar #0   __PLTcl_unknown_support_plan_modsrc    p_src

    spi_exec [spi_prepare "SELECT appver FROM t_mach_global"]
    set p_appver $appver
...unknown.pltcl continues...
}

At this point I can access __appver in another module and subsequently
I can access it from a pltcl stored procedure. I'd like to access
__appver directly from the stored procedure. Also, I don't think
this is "auto-loading", which is my objective: auto-load several
widely-used variables and query plans for our application. I am trying
to minimize table access for a performance gain.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Craig Addleman
DBA
www.sharechive.com