AW: libpq++ build now checks make rc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: libpq++ build now checks make rc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> > I am sorry I did not notice, that libpq++.so does not build
> correctly on AIX
> > using gcc,
> > because it:
> > 1. misses symbols that g++ code needs (libstdc++)
> > 2. the exportfile has demangled C++ symbols (would need nm -C)
>
> > I guess this problem shows up on all platforms that don't
> use the compiler
> > to build libs.
>
> Hmm, does the hack in the libpq++ Makefile for irix5 platform also
> apply to AIX?

Unfortunately not that easily.

> FWIW, HPUX doesn't use the compiler to build shlibs, but I
> haven't seen
> any such failure here...
>
> > So could you please revert that change again, so the build
> continues.
>
> We have never shipped any prior release with libpq++ success check
> disabled, and I don't much like the idea of changing that for 7.0.
> Are you claiming that libpq++ used to build on AIX?  If so, what's
> changed since 6.5?

7.0 is the first version that actually works as is with gcc on aix, so
maybe we could only avoid the successcheck for aix.
The libpq++.a build works fine, only I am not sure it is actually usable.
Is there an easy test ?

Andreas