AW: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Proposed Changes to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Proposed Changes to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
> from a base table
>
> Maybe SELECT ** FROM BASE would be more flexible as it leaves
> the standard
> SQL with its "standard" meaning ?

I like the idea of not messing with the traditional meaning of the *.
The Informix select * from table_with_subclasses also only returns
the parent columns.

Of course I would also like that the default select * from table
return all subclass rows.

Imho there is no real argument against extra syntax to select
all columns of subclasses though.

Andreas