Re: [HACKERS] Trigger aborted on error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SEV
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Trigger aborted on error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Have you put an index on the field in question?  It shouldn't
> matter how
> many records you have if you do.  If you don't, no other database will
> help you any better.

The main problem is, that PostgreSQL will abort the transaction if it raises
elog(ERROR...).
No other DB does this. Thus on other DB's the user program can check the
return code,
fix the error condition and still commit the transaction.
I think behavior like this will be easier to provide with WAL's savepoints.

Andreas