AW: [HACKERS] Call for updates! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5
Subject AW: [HACKERS] Call for updates!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hi. I'd like to update the ports list in the docs to include
> references to v6.5 for the various platforms for which PostgreSQL-6.5b
> has been tested.

Current CVS (after pgindent) compiles and regresses ok on AIX 4.3.2
using the IBM compiler. It has the following problems:
1. AIX has int8,int16,int32,int64 in /usr/include/inttypes.h --> configure fails to find snprintf support for int8
(becauseit

includes stdio.h)I feel this is an IBM problem. I changed my inttypes.h
2. No AIX in Makefile.shlib --> plpgsql.so is not built / no rule.a number of other platforms are also missing therea
workingrule is often in Makefile.port, but only for a single

objectnot multiple, which plpgsql has.The single object rule in Makefile.aix can be used to make a
plpgsql.sofrom libplpgsql.a. I built it manually.
3. libpq++ does not work because xlC does not have the string type/class ?

Andreas