AW: [HACKERS] Embedded SQL question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Subject AW: [HACKERS] Embedded SQL question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On my todo list I found two missing commands:> > exec sql free

free is the opposite to prepare, a statement stays prepared until free is
called.
This will release all associated resources. In my Informix manual it sais,
that
it will not affect an already declared cursor on this statement.

exec sql prepare d_id from :stmt;
exec sql free d_id;
> exec sql alloc

All I find for this is:
exec sql allocate descriptor :descname [with max :colmax];
allocates memory for a system descriptor area  (sqlca) for a maximum ofcolmax columns (default 100) for use with a
describestatement.

Andreas