AW: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol chang es - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ
Subject AW: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol chang es
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi there,

You seem to be doing very much thought in this area ;-)
One idea strikes me though:
    A standard ODBC Call Level Interface exists !
Why not try to get the ideas for libpq from there ? Maybe we could even
implement those
same functions.
A small extract:
    SQLPrepare
    SQLExecute
    SQLFetch
    SQLFreeStmt

On the discussion of the protocol, I would suggest using and looking into
    pvm3 at ftp://netlib2.cs.utk.edu/pvm3
this would open a wide area of low and high speed client server protocols
like: ipcshm, unix domain sockets, and native access to high performace
interconnects.

I use it to communicate from backend user defined functions with a neural
network
simulator. It simplifies the communication substantially.

Andreas

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> Here is a revised proposal that takes into account the discussions
> of the last few days.  Any comments?
    <snip>