Re: atttypmod of 0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas DBT
Subject Re: atttypmod of 0
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Re: atttypmod of 0  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
   This  time  it's during the parser (gdb told me). varcharin()
    is called with a atttypmod of  0  causing  a  palloc()  of  0
    bytes.  How should a VARCHAR type whithout a specified length
    behave? Is this type 1 character or a  variable  size  up  to
    4096?

I thought we fixed this on Feb 3. look at
parse_expr.c line 104: it should read:
                                if (con->typename != NULL)
!                                       result = parser_typecast(val,
con->typename, -1);
                                else

I think all funcs calling with atttypmod = 0 are allways wrong, should
be -1.
or a number > 0 (or 4 if atttypmod includes the VARHDRSZ don't know)

Andreas