Re: Buffer overflow when continuously send SIGHUP to postgres - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Buffer overflow when continuously send SIGHUP to postgres
Date
List pgsql-bugs
ChiJin Zhou <tlock.chijin@gmail.com> writes:
> 3. continuously send SIGHUP to the server process like:
> 4. and the server process exit with address boundary error.

This was fixed in HEAD at [1].  Our current thought is not to
back-patch that, though, as it doesn't seem like a case likely to be
much of a problem in practice, and the patch has not yet survived
a beta test cycle so it's not risk-free.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=9abb2bfc0