Re: AIX 7.1 compile and initdb error TRAP: FailedAssertion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: AIX 7.1 compile and initdb error TRAP: FailedAssertion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
xpNitin <nitin.pande@ca.com> writes:
> Tried this a few times.  I am trying to compile and run PostgreSQL 9.4.0 on
> AIX 7.1.

Is there a particular reason you're trying to build 9.4.0, and not the
current release 9.4.4?

> But DB fails to start.  I get this error:

> creating system views ... TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(((((const
> Node*)(field1))->type) == T_String))", File: "parse_expr.c", Line: 602)

That's odd.  Could you get a stack trace out of the core file for that?
(You might need to run initdb with --noclean to have the core file
survive long enough to be looked at.)

FWIW, we do have reason to believe that PG will work on AIX 7.1, since
this buildfarm member works:
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hornet&dt=2015-08-22%2004%3A48%3A32
But I'm not sure which post-9.4.0 fixes may be relevant to that.