Re: Getting rows in statement-level triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting rows in statement-level triggers
Date
Re: Getting rows in statement-level triggers  (Artacus <artacus@comcast.net>)
List pgsql-general
Artacus <artacus@comcast.net> writes:
> Ok, so it took a lot of googling to figure this one out, but you can do
> it with something like so.

> SELECT *
> FROM strand_scores
> WHERE xmin::text = txid_current()::text

This will not work, or at least it will stop working after your
installation passes 4 billion transactions.

The traditional way to find out your own XID is to insert a dummy row
somewhere (perhaps in a temp table) and see what its xmin is.  I'm not
sure why we don't expose a more convenient way --- maybe just that
there's not been any demand for it.

            regards, tom lane