Re: Revised patch for fixing archiver shutdown behavior - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Revised patch for fixing archiver shutdown behavior
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Hmm, so the postmaster is gone during the last archiving cycle?  What
> about syslogger?  Is the archiver able to log stuff in the last cycle?

The logger is no problem --- it quits when it sees EOF on its input
pipe, which means that all upstream processes are gone.

> The comment in line 2180 seems a bit bogus ...?

Yeah, that could use a bit more work I guess, since "normal children"
sounds like it would refer to more than just backends.

            regards, tom lane