Re: psql - better support pipe line - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql - better support pipe line
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> writes:
> What I've had problems with is trying to correlate psql specified
> connection attributes with things like DBI. It would be nice if there
> was a way to get a fully formed connection URI for the current connection.

Yeah, although I'd think the capability to create such a URI is libpq's
province not psql's.  Maybe a PQgetConnectionURI(PGConn) function in
libpq, and some psql backslash command to access that?  Or maybe a nicer
API would be that there's a magic psql variable containing the URI; not
sure.