Re: Re: PQexec problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: PQexec problem
Date
List pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= LODIER <zentak@agisphere.com> writes:
> When I try to connect to my data base, a query is done and has a strange
> form. There follows my logs :

> FindExec: found "/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postgres" using argv[0]
> debug info:
>        User         = postgres
>        RemoteHost   = 192.168.1.168
>        RemotePort   = 3881
>        DatabaseName = qmail
>        Verbose      = 2
>        Noversion    = f
>        timings      = f
>        dates        = European
>        bufsize      = 128
>        sortmem      = 512
>        query echo   = t
> InitPostgres
> query: x33(
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "x3"
> AbortCurrentTransaction

> So if anybody could explain me why this stuff is doing this, it would be
> great !

If you look into src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c, you'll see that as
soon as the frontend libpq has established a connection, it sends a few
SET commands to set things like timezone and datestyle based on
client-side environment variables.  I think something must be hosed in
that logic, but I'm not sure what.  Try adding a few printf's in there
or stepping through it with a debugger to see what's going wrong.

Also, if you are using psql, it sends a command or two as soon as libpq
comes back; it's possible that the broken query is coming from there.
Again though, it's hard to see what could be going wrong.  (You could
try starting psql with -E switch to see what it thinks it's sending.)

Keep us posted what you find out ...

            regards, tom lane