Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10
Date
List pgsql-general
pgsql <pgsql@lavabit.com> writes:
> one of our pgsql instances recently started to segfault multiple times a
> week. I tried a couple of things to pin it down to a certain query
> or job but failed to find any pattern. All I can offer is some notes
> and a set of similar looking back traces.

BTW, there is a post-8.3.10 patch for a problem that could easily match
what you are showing.  Dunno if you are up for applying patches
yourself, but if so try adding this one:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-04/msg00122.php

Now, the fact that that's fixing a problem introduced in January might
mean it's not what you're seeing.  However, the January patch was fixing
a different issue in the same general area.  It could be that your app
was managing to tickle both the old bug (in 8.3.7) and the new one (in
8.3.10).

            regards, tom lane