Re: Error with refering to the header files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error with refering to the header files
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Ibrahim, Karim Aly Mohi Eldin" <kaibrahim@WPI.EDU> writes:
> I’m new to postgres and I have some C files that execute sql commands in the early parser stage..
> It has to include  #include "libpq-fe.h" which is in the "interface" folder not the "include" folder so I edited the
makefile like following:

Not sure about the specific error you're getting, but ISTM you're going
about this all wrong anyway.  Using libpq from inside the backend is,
unless you're trying to do dblink-like remote access, just broken.
Consider SPI instead if you want to issue SQL-level queries.

            regards, tom lane