Re: More schema queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: More schema queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> Yes, but when I read this I realised that I forget to 'make clean'
> before rebuilding. Having done that I then found that gdb eats about
> 100Mb of memory and 50% of cpu without actually displaying itself until
> killed 10 minutes later. I tried this twice - I guess that gdb under
> cygwin has trouble with large exe's as my machine should handle it
> (PIII-M 1.13GHz, 512Mb).

That's annoying.  gdb is quite memory-hungry when dealing with big
programs, but as long as you're not running out of memory or swap it
should work.  AFAIK anyway.  I remember having to compile only parts
of a big program with debug support, years ago on a machine that was
pretty small and slow by current standards.

If you can't get gdb to work then another possibility is the low-tech
approach: add some debugging printf's to RangeVarGetCreationNamespace.