Re: ltree_gist indexes broken after pg_upgrade from 12 to 13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: ltree_gist indexes broken after pg_upgrade from 12 to 13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/4/22 15:28, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> On 3/4/22 20:29, Nikita Glukhov wrote:
>>> So, we probably have corrupted indexes that were updated since such
>>> "incomplete" upgrade of ltree.
>> IIRC pg_upgrade is not expected to upgrade extensions - it keeps the
>> installed version of the extension, and that's intentional.
> Yeah, exactly.  But this opens up an additional consideration we
> have to account for: whatever we do needs to work with either 1.1
> or 1.2 SQL-level versions of the extension.

This is an area not currently touched by the buildfarm's cross version
upgrade testing, which basically compares a pre-upgrade and post-upgrade
dump of the databases. The upgraded cluster does contain
contrib_regression_ltree.

I'm open to suggestions on how we might improve the buildfarm's testing
of upgraded indexes generally.

cheers

andrew

--