Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On ons, 2011-05-11 at 16:47 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hm, do you know how to enumerate the available locales on Windows?

> EnumSystemLocalesEx()

> Reference:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd317829(v=vs.85).aspx

> Example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd319091(v=vs.85).aspx

Doesn't look too bad ...

> There is an older interface EnumSystemLocales() which returns locale
> IDs, which you then have to look up and convert into a name manually.
> There is code for that in the old installer CVS on pgfoundry.  But it's
> very ugly, so I'd rather skip that and just concentrate on supporting
> the newer interface.

I guess the question is what happens on pre-Vista Windows if we use
EnumSystemLocalesEx.  I don't object to just not populating pg_collation
in that case, but we probably don't want it to fail entirely.