Re: BUG #14101: Postgres Service Crashes With Memory Error And Does Not Recover - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14101: Postgres Service Crashes With Memory Error And Does Not Recover
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Nathan Mascitelli <nathanmascitelli@geotab.com> writes:
> The machine has the postgres server and our application server on it. There
> are ​around 300 databases and typically ~1000 connections. At the time of
> the crash there was free RAM and disk space on the server.

You're a braver man than I, to trust Windows with a 1000-connection
server.  But anyway, if the backend count is that high it's far from
surprising that you hit some Windows resource limit or other.  It's
widely considered best practice to use a connection pooler to limit
the number of backends to something a lot less than that, regardless
of platform.

            regards, tom lane