Re: Strange issue with initdb on 8.0 and Solaris automounts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strange issue with initdb on 8.0 and Solaris automounts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David Parker" <dparker@tazznetworks.com> writes:
> Did initdb previously just assume the -D path existed, and now it is
> trying to create the whole path, if necessary?

Pre-8.0 it was using mkdir(1), which might possibly contain some weird
workaround for this case on Solaris.

I suppose that manually creating the data directory before running
initdb would also avoid this issue, since the mkdir(2) loop is only
entered if we don't find the directory in existence.