Re: Patch for Makefile race against current cvs - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch for Makefile race against current cvs
Date
List pgsql-patches
Klaus Naumann <knaumann@gmx-ag.de> writes:
> Yes, I also have seen races in two other directories
> (and decided to change all occorences of the two-file
> target in any Makefile because I'm under the impression
> that it's to dangerous ...).

Now you're back to saying that any two-target rule is unsafe under
parallel make.  I find that hard to believe, given the lack of any
suggestion in the gmake documents that any care needs to be taken
to make things safe for parallel makes.

            regards, tom lane