Re: Database corruption. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Database corruption.
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Guerin <guerin@rentec.com> writes:
> Also, all files in pg_clog are sequential with the last file being 0135.

Hmm, that makes it sound like a plain old data-corruption problem, ie,
trashed xmin or xmax in some tuple header.  Can you do a "select
count(*)" from this table without getting the error?

>> PostgreSQL 8.1RC1 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
>> (GCC) 4.0.1

[ raised eyebrow... ]  You're keeping important data in an RC version
that you've not updated for more than a year?  Your faith in Postgres'
code quality is touching, but I'd counsel getting onto a more recent
release.

            regards, tom lane