Re: help with getting index scan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: help with getting index scan
Date
List pgsql-general
"Thomas T. Thai" <tom@minnesota.com> writes:
> sorry tom, i'm still new to PostgreSQL. what is pg_stats and how do i use
> it in the way you've asked?

select * from pg_stats where tablename = 'foo';

>> If you set enable_seqscan to off, do you get a plan you like better?
>> If so, what is it?

> with seqscan off, the query still takes about the same about of time
> (around 8 secs). i'd like to get it down to 1 if possible.

I wanted to know what the plan and cost estimates are.  Also, it'd be
good to show EXPLAIN ANALYZE results, so that we can compare reality
to planner cost estimates ...

            regards, tom lane