Re: altering a column's collation leaves an invalid foreign key - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: altering a column's collation leaves an invalid foreign key
Date
List pgsql-hackers
jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> writes:
>> * in TryReuseForeignKey, we can pass the information that our primary
>> key old collation is nondeterministic
>> and old collation != new collation to the foreign key constraint.

I have a basic question about this: why are we allowing FKs to be
based on nondeterministic collations at all?  ISTM that that breaks
the assumption that there is exactly one referenced row for any
referencing row.