Re: Index on timestamp field, and now() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Index on timestamp field, and now()
Date
List pgsql-general
Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com> writes:
> webmailstation=> explain select * from queue where send_date > timestamp
> 'now';

> But I use a comparison with now() + '20 years'::interval, not with now()...

That's not the example you quoted.  More to the point, if you write it
that way then it isn't a constant, at least not in 7.2's limited
understanding of what constant values are.  You could work around that
with a custom function marked isCachable; see the archives.

            regards, tom lane