Re: pgsql: Use FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER in a bunch more places. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Use FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER in a bunch more places.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> This triggers a large number of warnings with my preexisting clang 3.6 settings...

> In file included from /home/andres/src/postgresql/src/backend/postmaster/pgstat.c:40:
> /home/andres/src/postgresql/src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h:61:12: warning: 'proargtypes' may not be nested in a struct
dueto flexible array

That's annoying.  I saw that Sun Studio was complaining similarly, but
I figured we could ignore it.

It's weird that compiler writers have such a hard time understanding
what actually counts as a *useful* warning, ie "you've got a flexible
array embedded in the middle of a bigger struct".  Instead we get
either nothing (gcc) or pedantry (this).

            regards, tom lane