RE: [INTERFACES] win32 libpq version is "too new" - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Magnus Hagander
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] win32 libpq version is "too new"
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> > Is there a binary version of the Windows client DLL that works with
> > postgresql_6.3.2-8? And then, where could I download it?
>
> You will need to look for a 6.3 version of the DLL.  I
> haven't got one,
> but perhaps someone else does.

I beleive there is none. At least not native Win32. There were major changes
required to libpq to make it possible to run it under Win32, and these
changes appeared in 6.4.
It would be possible to do it for 6.3, but it would require a huge amount of
work. The pre-6.4 libpq client used fdopen() and then the fxxx() operations
on the sockets. This does not work under Win32. 6.4 started using the direct
send() and recv() calls, which are portable to Windows.

//Magnus