Libpq functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Libpq functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

I was just poking around a bit in the libpq (server side this time) files,
and noticed a few things.

For example, the StreamOpen() function is defined there (pqcomm.c), but it
is _never_ used (at least as far as I can see). Is there any reason for it
being there? Or is it some old function that is no longer used? Looks to me
like a function that is only used on the client-side?

Also, the comments on top of pqcomm.c names several functions that do not
exist (such as pq_accept). They are commented as being used in both the
backend and the frontend - but I don't beleive the file is linked into the
libpq frontend any more?

Finally - is there any special reason that the backend still uses the (FILE
*) method to talk to the clients? Using the global Pfout and Pfin variables?
Wouldn't it be better to be consistent and use the same functions as in the
revised frontent library?

//Magnus