Re: BUG #17798: Incorrect memory access occurs when using BEFORE ROW UPDATE trigger - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17798: Incorrect memory access occurs when using BEFORE ROW UPDATE trigger
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> So I'm going to start it over and find a repro that will show something
> interesting without Valgrind (and let estimate the probability of a
> problem in the field).

I think a probability estimate is not all that exciting: "it's low
but not zero" is sufficient information to act on.  What I am curious
about is how come 86dc90056's changes triggered a visible problem.
Understanding that might give us a better feel for what is the real
structural issue here --- which I'm worried about because I have
little confidence that there aren't similar bugs lurking in other
code paths.

            regards, tom lane