Re: Postgres resources not released after call PQclear - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres resources not released after call PQclear
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Souheila Hechaichi <Souheila.Hechaichi@asg.com> writes:
> I observe that when the row number about a SELECT SQL request is equal to zero, the function PQclear does not release
theallocated resources and a memory leak are detected into my application.

This claim is, to be frank, pretty astonishing.  Can you produce a
self-contained test case to demonstrate that there's a leak?

> And I call the function _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks() at the end of my application, to display all the memory leak.

I doubt that that proves anything at all.  Such a function can't tell
whether libpq is holding onto memory internally.  If you see growth in
memory usage over repeated query cycles, then it would be interesting.

            regards, tom lane