Re: crash in plancache with subtransactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: crash in plancache with subtransactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim@Nasby.net> writes:
> (looking at original case)... the original bug wasn't actually
> recursive.

No, there are two different cases being dealt with here.  If the first
call of an expression results in an error, and then we come back and try
to re-use the expression state tree, we can have trouble because the
state tree contains partially-updated internal state for the called
function.  This doesn't require any recursion but it leads to pretty
much the same problems as the recursive case.