Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS
Date
List pgsql-general
Csaba Nagy <nagy@ecircle-ag.com> writes:
> Looks like there's no minor version info at all in the binaries, I would
> say...

On investigation, I can't find any sign that my Linux box does anything
with library minor version numbers either.  That seems to mean that we
should be bumping the major version for every release (unless we made
no externally visible changes at all, not even upward-compatible
additions).  Ugh.

            regards, tom lane