Re: Command Triggers, patch v11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Command Triggers, patch v11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One more thing I disliked quite a bit was the duplication of the EXECUTE
> handling. Do you see a way to deduplicate that?

Yeah, that's what's bugging me, too.  I think a chunk of the problem is
that you're insisting on having control come back to CreateTableAs()
to perform the table creation.  I'm thinking that if the table creation
were to be moved into the tuple receiver's startup routine, we could
avoid needing to get control back between ExecutorStartup and
ExecutorRun, and then all that would be required would be to call
ExecuteQuery with a different DestReceiver.