Re: alter table drop column status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: alter table drop column status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kovacs Zoltan <kovacsz@pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu> writes:
> Browsing the archives, I found the latest comment about dropping columns
> about summer 2000 closing with Hiroshi's unapplied (?) hack. What is the
> current status of the implementation?

It was applied, and it's in there with #ifdef _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__,
but I believe Hiroshi has given up on that approach as unworkable.

The #ifdef'd code is still there (in most places anyway) because no
one has bothered to rip it out.  But I doubt it would work very well
if enabled --- the code mods in the last year or so have not taken
any notice of _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__.