Re: Multiple databases on seperate drives/file systems? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Multiple databases on seperate drives/file systems?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Scot L. Harris" <webid@cfl.rr.com> writes:
> The startup script in /etc/init.d does have the su  line as you describe
> above.  On RH8 it appears that /bin/sh is linked to /bin/bash.  So does
> the shell being executed not look at the .bash_profile since it was
> invoked as /bin/sh?

Not sure; you could probably find out with some study of its man page.
Seems likely though, else you'd not be here complaining ;-)

> Or can I just put the PGDATA2 environment variable in a .profile file?

That would be an alternative answer.  Be aware though that future RH
releases will remove the -s switch, so eventually you'll want to do
it that way.

            regards, tom lane