Re: out of memory woes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: out of memory woes
Date
List pgsql-general
"Angva" <angvaw@gmail.com> writes:
> As I've mentioned in a few other posts, I run a daily job that loads
> large amounts of data into a Postgres database. It must run
> efficiently, so one of the tricks I do is run table loads, and commands
> such as cluster, in parallel. I am having a problem where my cluster
> job consistently fails with an out of memory error.

Could we see the actual error message?  If it's a server-side error
then there should also be a memory context dump into the postmaster
log, which would be useful to see also.  Lastly, please show the full
schema definition (including indexes) for the troublesome tables.

            regards, tom lane